Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ball!

Niko's official best word is BALL! He uses it continually . . .

When I picked him up at daycare yesterday he greeted me with a ball in each hand and ran up to me saying "ball, ball, ball, ball, ball . . ."

Then last night, after playing with balls for a couple hours, he insisted upon taking a tennis ball to sleep with him. When I went to go get him this morning, he sat up in his crib, threw the tennis ball at me (and hit me in the shoulder with it) and said . . . (wait for it) . . . BALL!

He fussed when I dropped him at daycare this morning, so I suggested that he go find a ball to play with. All of the sudden there were 3 little kids at my feet all saying "ball, ball, ball" like little lemmings. Except for Niko. He just pulled on my legs and cried, but I imagine as soon as I left he took off to find a ball :)

No comments: