Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Nikolai!

Nikolai turns one year old today!! I am in such shock that it has been a year, and at the same time can't believe it has ONLY been a year since he was born. It seems like he has been a part of our family forever already.

My co-worker Sara just reminded me of how I stayed at the office until 4:30 on the day I went into labor because I was trying to finish a spreadsheet! I was having contractions, but thought that I was just really uncomfortable. I don't think I ate anything all day because I felt so strange. We went to the hospital at 11 that night, and Niko was born at 3:25 am on April 25th. We got a lot more sleep last night than we did this time a year ago.

Niko is celebrating with cupcakes at daycare today, and then we have a party with all his grandparents and great grandma. I'll post some pictures later.

Happy Birthday Baby!

1 comment:

Schmierer-Knust Family said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Nikolai!! I hope you had a super fantastic day with an extra helping of gaucomole!!