Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy 2008!

The New Year is here, and I promise to not go so long between blog entries . . . I know the world is crying out for more Nikolai pictures, and I promise not to disappoint. Santa was so good to us this year, and I hope he was good to everyone else as well. Thanks to everyone who made our holiday so wonderful!

Now, for the run-down of Nikolai's accomplishements in the 6 weeks since I've made an entry! Nikolai is:
  1. Learning to climb the stairs
  2. Pulling up on furniture
  3. Bonking his head on a daily basis as he practices items 1 and 2
  4. Eating biter bisquits, zwieback toasts and all kinds of mashed fruits, veggies and meats
  5. Working on getting more than 2 teeth
  6. "Talking" all the time
  7. Getting into everything!
  8. Playing with Christmas presents, including his role-and-play ball, dump truck, race cars, Discovery Farm, Penguin Bowling, and Colin's favorite, a wrapping paper tube
  9. Being his cute little self

Best wishes for a good 2008 - may you all forget your resolutions by February, because I love you just the way you are :)

Sarah

4 comments:

Diabolical Bill said...

I think we are a lot alike, it must run in the family.

1.Learning to climb the stairs.
Thats easy, it's the coming back down that always hurts the most.

2.Pulling up on furniture.
Is better than pulling up to the dinner table, see Colin in the “Happy Birthday Grandpa!” post.

3.Bonking his head on a daily basis as he practices items 1 and 2.
Tell him not to do that, look what happened to Colin's head.

4.Eating biter bisquits, zwieback toasts and all kinds of mashed fruits, veggies and meats.
I just use a hammer and a straw, see number 5.

5.Working on getting more than 2 teeth.
I learned through experience that you really don't need more than two, see number 1.

6."Talking" all the time ...
... is always better than listening, just ask Romana.

7.Getting into everything!
Tell him it is the getting out of everything without getting caught, that causes the most problems. Colin is good at that, but Aunt Cassie is much better!

8.Playing with Christmas presents, including his role-and-play ball, dump truck, race cars, Discovery Farm, Penguin Bowling, and Colin's favorite, a wrapping paper tube.
Hey that was my Santa list! All I got was a plastic bag of toilet paper tubes from the Gas Station around the corner.

9.Being his cute little self.
Sarah, I think he must get this from your side of the family, see number 2 & 3.

Sarah said...

Diabolical Bill??!! I love it! BTW, I should count on the Arkansas relatives to tell Niko he only needs 2 teeth.

Diabolical Bill said...

To be fair to our Arkansas relatives, I have to say, one, I'm from Texas, and two, the relatives we have in Arkansas all have beautiful smiles, as does Nikolai (even if he just has two teeth at the moment).

But then again our family tree does not resemble the typical “Totem Pole”, as is so often the case in the back woods and hill country in America.

All jokes aside, I have never had a cavity (OK, I lied, one tinny one, but don't tell Nikolai) because I drink lots of Milk, brush three times a day, floss regularly, and visit my dentist twice a year for fluoride treatments (I am sure Nikolai will also when he gets some to brush).

The couple of teeth I lost over the years were all victims of sporting accidents, so they count as medals of courage, not neglect, or because of my Arkansas heritage.

Am I being a good role model? ;-)

Sarah said...

The American Dental Society applaudes you as a model citizen, but wonders, do we really need to distinguish Texas from Arkansas? (like the girl from Kansas/Missouri should talk!)